Slovenian railways from Slovenia has today been named as a National Champion in The European Business Awards sponsored by RSM International; a prestigious competition supported by businesses leaders, academics, media and political representatives from across Europe.
The European Business Awards now in its 8th year engaged with over 24,000 business from 33 European countries this year and 709 companies from across Europe have been named today as National Champions; going through to the second phase of the competition.
Slovenian Railways are one of the biggest Slovenian companies generating app. 500 million € revenue and employing over 8000 people. Annually they carry over 17 million tons of cargo and transport around 16.5 million passengers. In last few years Slovenian railways are achieving success and growth in every field of their operations.
A panel of judges made up of Europe-wide business leaders, academics and entrepreneurs will view the National Champions’ videos, and award the best of this group the coveted ‘Ruban d’Honneur’ status. Ruban d’Honneur recipients will then go on to the grand final in 2015. All of the National Champions will also take part in a public vote to decide ‘Public Champions’ for each country. Last year over 93,000 votes were cast, and over 400,000 people visited the EBA website during the competition.
Supported since their inception by lead sponsor and promoter RSM International, the seventh largest audit, tax and advisory network worldwide with a major presence across Europe , the European Business Awards was set up to recognise and reward excellence, best practice and innovation across the European business community.
For more information on the Awards and its winners, please visit www.businessawardseurope.com.
THE 2014/5 EUROPEAN BUSINESS AWARDS FACT SHEET
• The European Business Awards recognises and rewards excellence, best practice and innovation in companies across the European Union. The competition is free to enter and open to organisations of all sizes and from any industry sector
• RSM International is the lead sponsor of the Awards, and has supported them since their inception. RSM is the seventh largest audit, tax and advisory network worldwide with a major presence across Europe
• The European Business Awards is now in its 8th year
• It is Europe’s largest and most significant cross-sector business recognition programme
• This year it has engaged with over 24,000 businesses in 33 countries across Europe during the entries campaign
• There are 10 categories
• There are 709 National Champions across 33 European countries
• The 2013/14 competition generated widespread GLOBAL media coverage, leading to over 4,000 items of coverage across print, broadcast, online and social media, resulting in a PR value of over €5million. The PR campaign has reached over 300 million people
• www.businessawardseurope.com during the competition
• The Business of the Year Award (T/O €150m+) this award will go to the outstanding company that best demonstrates exceptional financial returns, strong growth and innovation strategies, and market leadership in its sector. Judges will look for evidence of inventiveness, ethical credentials, good stakeholder relationships and long term planning balanced by the flexibility to deliver consistent results in dynamic market conditions.
An elite panel of judges including leading business figures, academics, entrepreneurs, thought leaders and political leaders presides over the judging process, previous support has been provided by:
Karel De Gucht (EU Trade Commissioner)
Yves Leterme (former Belgian Prime Minister)
Jose Aznar (former Prime Minister of Spain)
Arnold Rüütel (former Prime Minister of Estonia)
Emil Constantinescu (former President of Romania)
Petar Stoyanov (former President of Bulgaria)
Isidoro Unda (CEO of Atradius)
Peter Brabeck-Lethmathe (former CEO of Nestle)
Gilbert Ghostine (Managing Director of Diageo Continental Europe)